In YajHFC, you can define custom modems. This can be useful in one of the following scenarios:
- You would like to give your modems custom names instead of the default HylaFAX names (e.g. "Company A" for ttyS0, "Company B" for ttyS1)
- You would like to make HylaFAX modem groups selectable in YajHFC.
To define custom modems, do the following steps:
- In the options dialog go to the Modems panel for the desired server.
- Check the Use the following list of modems option.
Add/Modify/Remove the modems in the table as you like.
For example: Enter the description "Company X" for the Modem with HylaFAX name "ttyS0". there).
To add a modem group here, add a new line to the table and enter the group's name as defined in the HylaFAX configuration as HylaFAX name (similar to the predefined any modem).
- Click OK. You should now be able to see the modems you have defined in the modem selection list of the send dialog.